HMI aims at setting high standards in education in terms of quality and facilities. The Institution’s academic infrastructure is well equipped and designed to facilitate a productive domain learning environment.
The program block is well designed to complement the institution’s interactive teaching methodology with multimedia enabled classrooms, internet facility, libraries with online cataloging, 32000 volumes: books, journals, magazines. In future we are planning for separate reading and reference sections and modern e-resources with free-access to a large number of e-journals and e-books.
The institute also offers recreational facilities for overall development of students, these include:
Campus: well airy, well ventilated and well maintained buildings and open lobbies with sit out space are some other notable aspects of HMI. The institute has also made necessary arrangements for security measures and medical facilities.
Sports: Multifunctional weight training gym, Volleyball court, Table Tennis, Badminton, Football, Cricket, Walking Track (the main road through the campus)
The campus area is 5 acres 50% construction and 50% open space with beautiful gardens and trees, around 200 varieties of birds live in the campus.
HMI has hostel block with a capacity to house more than 80 people, the hostel have well appointed living spaces with adequate facilities. A two modern guest houses with drawing room and kitchen for visitors and guests.
- The 2 conference halls (30 and 80 occupancy) at HMI are equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, multimedia tools, projectors, wireless microphones.
- Audio & Video class rooms
- Computer lab near the library in the program building opposite to hostel building, all the computer are having internet connection to check emails and browsing.
- Fax and other postage/airmail services are available on payment.
- Daily newspaper available in 4 languages.
- HMI hostel has its own kitchen which is run by hostel management and serves meals at fixed times. Most hostellers join these at monthly rates. Day Scholars may eat as guests. All the programme partners, students and staff will eat together.
- Garden meals will be arranged occasionally.
- Executive dining hall is available on special request with extra facilities like Tea, coffee, snacks and soft drinks through the day.
- Food is quite good and includes both South Indian and North Indian food.